“Let’s Get Cracking!”
30th March – 30th April
To celebrate Crab Carnival 2018 we are bringing you the most decadent Crab Menu yet filled with exquisite dishes such as Crab Bruschetta, Crab Mac N’ Cheese and of course Crab Risotto. “Most people make the mistake of thinking that crabs are only a summer delicacy,” Sean Connolly says. “I want to inspire people to incorporate crab into heartier, comfort foods, especially as we enter into the colder months. Fusing crab with Italian cuisine highlights the versatility of this humble crustacean.”
To inspire our fellow crab lovers to incorporate crab into their home cooking, we’re letting you in our little secret and sharing the recipe for Sean Connolly’s signature Crab Risotto.
Bring to life one of Sean’s favourite dishes at home! The perfect balance of creamy, sweet & salty. Enough to feed 10 comfortably.
- 70gm Fresh Alaskan Crab Meat – Cooked
- 60gm Mascarpone Cheese
- 50gm Parmesan Cheese
- 50gm Butter
- 1kg Carnaroli Rice
- 2L Vegetable/Crab Stock
- 60ml White Wine – Your Choice
- 1 Brown Onion
- ½ Bunch Of Chives, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Rind, Grated
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Heat a large sauce pan & olive oil
- Caramelise the brown onion
- Add carnaroli rice & stir gently until toasted
- Add white wine until dissolved
- Bring the pan to the boil and slowly mix in the vegetable stock in batches
- Leave to cook at the boil for 12 minutes
- Once cooked, remove pan & set aside for 30 seconds.
- Mix all together the mascarpone, butter, parmesan and lemon juice.
- Season to taste
- Gently plate the risotto
- Garnish with juicy Alaskan king crab, chives, lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil
Now if you want to enjoy this dish without all the fuss of having to cook it yourself, come dine with us during Crab Carnival between March 30th and April 30th 2018.